Running and Walking events
TrekFest – The UK’s Ultimate Trekking Challenge
Choose Your location. Choose Your distance. Choose the Dyslexia Research Trust as your Charity! It’s that simple.
Take on the TrekFest challenge, complete 25km or 50km on foot through some of the UK’s most renowned and beautiful national parks – Brecon Beacons, South Wales or Peak District, Derbyshire.
Thousands have taken on the TrekFest challenge over the last four years and helped raise well over a £1 million for UK registered charities. TrekFesters say its a truly life changing experience to take part in, the sense of achievement you feel crossing the finish line knowing you made every step count by raising funds for charity is indescribable. Feeling inspired to follow in their footsteps and take on the TrekFest Challenge?
- Trek through rugged countryside with the choice of two stunning National Parks
- Join as an Individual or as a Team
- Two routes (25km and 50km) – a challenge to suit every ability level
- Trek at your own pace
- Event village with camping, parking, showers, toilets and food facilities throughout the weekend – come and make a weekend of it!
- Bring friends and family to savour the atmosphere and cheer you on
- Refreshments en route to keep up your energy levels
- Manned checkpoints at regular intervals throughout each route
- Fully supported – expert outdoor staff on hand every step of the way
- Fully route marked – minimal navigation required
- Pre event support to prepare you for the big day
- Why not take up the challenge and fundraise for the DYSLEXIA RESEARCH TRUST
Ultra Challenge Series 2017!
What challenge are you taking on for 2017? With the Ultra Challenge Series, you have a choice of 5 inspiring endurance events like no other, that you can walk, jog, or run in aid of Dyslexia Research Trust. Whether it’s a 25km walk, a testing 50km, or the 100km ultra marathon run or walk – there’s a distance for all! These challenges are perfect for people of all fitness levels, offering softer options for beginners and the ‘ultras’ for those are really going for it, along with those in between!
These are all inclusive events with an extremely high level of hospitality – including regular rest stops approximately every 12.5km with drinks and snacks, a fully signed route (you won’t get lost!), and hot meals designed to keep you going. By taking part, you’ll be making a fantastic difference to Dyslexia Research Trust and we promise it will be a challenge you won’t forget! Passing by stunning scenery, meeting new friends and discovering hidden resilience & spirit, few can describe the elation at crossing the finishing line. For many participants, these are unforgettable events, from fundraising to training; it’s a journey from the beginning! Are you ready for a real challenge in 2017?
- WALK IT! - at a pace that suits you
- RUN IT! - ideal event to ‘up’ your distance
- JOG IT! - run a bit, walk a bit - you choose
- Choose your distance - it's your challenge! 25km (on some), 50km or 100km!
- FREE hot meals, FREE drinks & snacks en-route
- Pace walkers, marshals, medics, massage
- Corporate packages available; round up your colleagues!
- Finishers medal, T shirt, glass of bubbly!
- 100km runners trophies for fastest gentleman & lady!
- Relay option available (except for Isle of Wight Challenge)
Perhaps the most spectacular of the series, the scenery on this challenge will be sure to take your breath away (if ascents don't)! With the choice of the full 106 km coastal loop of the island, or either 56km+ or 30km+ legs, those taking part often make a real weekend out of their challenge. www.isleofwightchallenge.com
Introducing the UK's greatest endurance challenge! This is the most iconic of the Series and sees a huge 92% of participants taking on the full 100km distance. There is also the first 56km and second 44km legs as additional options. A fantastic finish on Brighton's racecourse, with a big screen and compere - few rival this event for atmosphere! www.london2brightonchallenge.com
A route that takes in some of the finest scenery in Southern England, starting in Eastbourne and finishing in Arundel, via Brighton. En route is Beachy Head, Devil's Dyke, and Seven Sisters Country Park along the South Downs way. 100km and 50km options. www.southcoastchallenge.com
More than 3,500 challengers will take on the main Thames Path Challenge following England's greatest river - most will be walking, many will jog, some will be running, and all will have a special reason to push themselves. This has multi route options including 100km, either 50km, and any 25km leg available to take on. A stunning route that follows the Thames all the way from Putney taking you past wonderful scenery all the way to Henley, www.thamespathchallenge.com